Thinking about volunteering
Creating opportunities for people to volunteer in your project can bring many benefits for your organisation, individual volunteers and the heritage itself. This guidance provides ideas on the roles volunteers could undertake in your project, and will help you to plan for volunteering activity, including recruiting, managing and training volunteers.
- Our aims
- Meeting our aims
- What do we mean by volunteering?
- Why encourage volunteering?
- Barriers to volunteering
- Planning your volunteer activity
- What we fund
- Volunteer time as a non-cash contribution to your project
- What kinds of activities can volunteers do in heritage projects?
- Training volunteers and volunteer managers
- What do we look for in a project with volunteers?
- Sources of advice and information
- Our grant programmes
Find other recommended reading under further resources.