Thinking about training
Building heritage training into your project is one way you can meet HLF’s mandatory aim to ‘help people to learn about their own and other people’s heritage’. Addressing skills shortages and gaps today will help sustain heritage into the future. This guidance explains how you can use our funding to train new and existing project staff and volunteers and/or increase awareness amongst the public about heritage skills.
- Our aims
- What we mean by training?
- Important points about our funding
- Delivering training
- Providing accredited training
- Training subcontractors in capital projects
- Types of training activities we fund
- Planning your project
- Sources of information and advice
- Our grant programmes
Find other recommended reading under further resources.