Thinking about community participation
Community participation is about including local people in the decision-making and delivery of your project. It could involve opportunities for communities to influence the direction of your project, or to take a role in delivering heritage conservation or learning activities. This guidance will help you to decide the most appropriate level of participation for your project, and tips on making it work.
- Our aims
- What do we mean by community participation?
- What are the benefits of community participation?
- What is right for your project?
- Being inclusive
- Training and support for your community participation work
- Evaluating your community participation work
- What we fund
- Sources of advice and information
- Appendix A: Tips for including everyone
- Appendix B Our grant programmes
Find other recommended reading under further resources.