Evaluating your HLF project
In this guidance we explain the evaluation work that we want the organisations we fund to carry out. We expect evaluation feedback from all the projects we support, in the form of an evaluation report and an evaluation questionnaire. This document explains more on these and also provides an introduction to some of the evaluation tools and techniques that you might want to use.
Essential for… All applicants for larger grants (over £100,000 through any programme).
- Our approach to evaluation
- Why do we want project evaluations and what will we do with them?
- What we expect from projects we fund
- What we will provide
- Telling your project story
- The basic data we require back from projects
- People characteristics
- Capturing people characteristics
- Beyond counting
- What else to measure?
- Techniques and tools: measuring the difference made to heritage
- Techniques and tools: measuring the difference made for people
- The question of questions
- More help and ideas
Find other recommended reading under further resources.