Conservation management planning
Drawing up a conservation management plan will help you to understand why your heritage is important and to whom. It will also help you to look after your heritage in future, and make decisions about changes.
Essential guidance for… Applications for Heritage Grants of over £1million, or projects that include different kinds of heritage that are all important in their own right.
Useful for… Anyone applying under our targeted programmes, Townscape Heritage Initiative, Landscape Partnerships and Parks for People – see each programme’s guidance for more information.
- About conservation management planning
- Links between your conservation management plan and other planning work
- Outline conservation statement
- Commissioning a full conservation management plan
- Contents of a full conservation management plan
- Including physical access in your conservation management plan
- Frequently asked questions
- Tips for successful planning
- Appendix A: Further guidance for different types of heritage
- Appendix B: Model brief for commissioning a conservation management plan
- Appendix C: Summary table for management and maintenance
Find other recommended reading under further resources.